Stears is an intelligence startup of 25+ people using data to answer questions about Africa. Our mission is to become the world's most trusted provider of African data & insight to global businesses, finance and policy professionals. We make this possible by integrating all our intelligence (news & analysis, proprietary data, aggregated public data, licensed data, forecasts and reports) into a searchable platform, complemented by a rich mobile experience.
Our customers currently pay for access to Stears’ intelligence through a web platform, that includes daily insight and data. Our experts are always ready to answer client data questions about any sector, market or African country.
We are looking for a skilled sales associate to supercharge our corporate subscriptions growth.
Why it’s important: Stears produces some of the highest quality content and data on the African continent, produced by a deeply analytical, Intelligence team. A Senior Sales Associate's role is to grow our reach through corporate subscription sales.
What it covers: As a Senior Sales Associate, your mission is to set and meet the team's corporate and group subscription sales targets.
Who you will work with: This role is part of the Subscriptions Growth team. You will report to the Head of Subscriptions Growth.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3-5 years of experience in B2B sales and an interest in building and leading a world-class sales team soon.
- Excellent sales, customer service and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Stears’ products.
- Strict attention to detail and shoots for the highest standards.
- The ability to collaborate efficiently with multiple teams
- Interest in African economies and business landscape is preferred.
- Coordinating with growth teams on lead generation.
- Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
- Analyse previous sales periods to create accurate forecasts
- Continuously iterate on and improve sales processes as the business evolves and expands.
- Identifying potential customers through networking initiatives, cold-calling, and email communications.
- Preparing and delivering sales presentations to potential and existing customers.
- Developing innovative sales strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Resolving customer complaints in a timely and professional manner to maintain customer loyalty.
- Unlimited access to Stears Premium
- Hybrid working (office and remote as required)
- Stears branded merchandise and swag
- Onboarding allowance to facilitate workstation setup
- Access to Stears Employee Hardship Fund
- Annual off-site team bonding
- Special emphasis on learning and development
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Competitive salaries at junior, intermediate and senior levels
- Paid time off - 25 days excluding public holidays and sick days
- Access to an expert Intelligence team - Stears Intelligence team includes some of the brightest knowledge experts in Nigeria covering a wide range of sectors, all with a passion for delivering the highest quality of intelligence on the African continent.
- The Stears Experience - These are the top reasons our team members highlight as contributing to having the best experience of their careers at Stears:
- Deepen their analytical & critical thinking skills which apply beyond a specific domain
- Gain a high level of autonomy and responsibility by taking on responsibility for an entire industry
- Do something meaningful by being part of a team making African data more widely available
Stears is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.